Monday 8 April 2013

New Kendal drawings

After finding out the good news that I have been accepted to exhibit at the very first ArtsFestNorth in Kendal at the end of July I took the opportunity over Easter weekend to head out and do some new drawings around Kendal.

I liked this view of the Castle on the hill from Abbot hall park. It was a bright and dry Saturday so there was plenty of family fun happening on the park for  me to capture...


I thought this view of Kendal Parish Church and Abbot Hall with the river Kent sweeping away into the distance under Nether bridge made an interesting composition. Unfortunately I dropped my phone into the river just after finishing this drawing and got a wet foot trying to fish it out whilst hanging onto the steep banking!

The Market square was packed with people out enjoying the spells of sunshine in the early afternoon. I enjoyed capturing them amongst the busy market stalls...


This view looking down Branthwaite Brow is a very iconic Kendal scene and on this day it was filled with lots of window shoppers and tourists and locals out for a Saturday wander...


No comments:

Post a Comment